A global pandemic, world-wide recession, high U.S. wage inequality and social unrest, large-scale corporate and country debt…and yet my 17th economic employment forecast for the next 12-24 months is:
- U.S. and global employment nature will permanently change with
AI and DIGITAL assuming a larger and growing share of all previous labor activities of a LOW TOUCH, LOW THOUGHT nature(yes, my 2017-2019 Forecast that AI and computers would be replacing labor/people in certain work was correct). Corporations, private/public, will integrate EESG(Employees, Environment, Sustainability, Governance) stakeholders.
- AI’s and DIGITAL transformation’s impact and corporations’ acceptance of employees as stakeholders will shift
employees’ focus towards personally MEANINGFUL workwith “meaningful work” defined as activities/tasks/physical or mental exertion for a corporate purpose that the person is naturally best at performing and enjoys doing those activities/tasks/exertions. The U.S. GDP pie grows largeras labor shifts to meaningful work as artificial barriers lessen for positions—from entry to corporate C-suite to corporate boards—due to corporate acceptance of EESG.
Given that the U.S. and China account for nearly 40% of global GDP, nearly 25% of global trade, and even larger shares of capital goods AND the U.S., European Union, and China are the world’s largest economies, A GROWING U.S. GDP should encourage a GROWING GLOBAL GDP.
These 4 incredibly unbelievable outcomes will occur because of…a global pandemic, world-wide recession, high U.S. wage inequality and social unrest, large-scale corporate and country debt—the “here’s why” white paper (all of 2 pages long!) is available as a PDF With Sources OR PDF White Paper Only.
BTW, here’s some of my notable (other years are just boring or the same) previous forecasts:
- 2019: Foresaw the dangers of 100% of U.S. pharmaceutical fillers/masks/etc. made in China, plus predicted the overall supply chain risks to U.S.
- 2017+: AI/technology assumes rote component of people’s jobs; how to protect your business, job, career. Education = online life-long learning.
- 2014+: New trend: women’s numbers & profile on boards just changed; companies’ investors/clients will show board gender composition interest.<
- 2013+: Social media is here to stay, changing how we communicate and having significant privacy ramifications.
- 2008: Forecasted that 2008 would be the year that the Great Financial Crisis would finally occur (my 2007 positive forecast had caveats looming).
- 2006: A great economic employment year!
- 2004: Globalization blooms and it’s an opportunity or your worst nightmare because strategic outsourcing is finally here and growing.
- 2003: After the dotcom bust, others thought jobs would get better; my forecast: economy is at the bottom and staying there, no more sinking…and it did from an economic employment perspective stay at the bottom—it was “the jobless recovery.”